Best 4 days Merzouga desert Trip
On the best private 4 days Merzouga desert trip from Ouarzazate, you will discover the best south of Morocco; it is a beautiful place full of historical monuments that reflect the richness; of the Berber culture; You start the adventure from the Moroccan Hollywood city (Ouarzazate)
The best Morocco Sahara desert tours depart from Ouarzazate and head towards the desert of Erg Chebbi Dunes near Merzouga to spend the night there; After we visit Dades Valley and Tundra Gorges along with many spots, villages, and oases on the way. After spending some time in the desert, the tour ends by returning to Ouarzazate and exploring the Kasbahs and the villages on the way.
Highlights of the 4 days Merzouga Desert Trip from Ouarzazate:
- Enjoying our time at Ouarzazate
- Exploring the oases and the palm trees
- Stopping to take cool photos
- Riding the camels
- Spending the night at the desert camp
- Exploring the region of Tafilalet
Included/Excluded - Best 4 days Merzouga desert Trip
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4×4; Toyota Prado Tx or deluxe van and fuel
- Experienced local English/French/Spanish/Italian-speaking Berber and nomad driver/guide
- Overnight in an authentic camp at Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga: in private & comfortable nomadic tents
- Mmeals: breakfast, dinner – with vegetarian and vegan options available
- A camel ride of about an hour – an hour & a half with a guide, and free sandboarding, if desired – just ask the camp staff
- Berber locals drumming and music
Tour Plan : Best 4 days Merzouga desert Trip
Day 1 : OUARZAZATE – SKOURA – DADES GORGES
Our private 4-day Merzouga desert tour from Ouarzazate to the Dades gorges, passing by the oasis of Skoura, where many ancient kasbahs, some of which are unfortunately in ruins, stand among the palm trees. We stop for lunch, after which we have time to stroll through the gorges, fields, and gardens. You spend the night in a hotel or a kasbah.
Day 2 : GORGES OF THE TOUDRA – MERZOUGA DESERT
After breakfast, the 4-day Merzouga desert trip from Ouarzazate continues for a short distance to Tinghir and the very different canyons of Toudgha, where you can take a short walk to appreciate the steep slopes of the gorges and the narrow expanse of sky above.
Later, you continue to the dunes of Chebbi via Tinjdad. Lunch in a restaurant along the way. Later at the desert camp, you are welcomed with a glass of tea. Then taking a camel ride to admire the sunset from the top of the dunes; try sandboarding. Afterward, you will have dinner and spend the night in a nomad tent at the foot of the dunes.
Day 3 : MERZOUGUA – TAMNOUGALT
After the sunrise, take a shower and breakfast; Then our 4 days Merzouga desert tour continues to Alnif via Rissani souk of the south and the old capital Sijilmassa. Lunch restaurant on-site in Alnif and continuation to the valley of Draa, after half an hour of Palmeras we stop at the old kasbah Tamnougalt where we will spend the night.
Day 4 : TAMNOUGALT – AGDZ – OUARZAZATE
After breakfast, our desert trip from Ouarzazate, passing through the pass of Tizi-n-Tiniffift (1660 m altitude). Lunch in a restaurant, then we take the road back to Ouarzazate.