Best 6 Days Morocco Camel Trekking
The Best 6 Days Morocco Camel Trekking in the Sahara Desert, is the best way to discover the nomadic culture; This 6 Day camel trekking will help you explore the vast Erg dunes Sahara desert, then you will be trekking or riding camels through the desert; Stopping for lunch under the shade of a Tamarisk tree, before stopping to set up camp for the night.
A desert camel trek on the mythical route taken; by camel caravans. Through the Sahara until the end of the 19th century between Marrakech; and Timbuktu. Consisting; of thousands of dromedaries, they crossed the Atlas, then the Sahara between the southern Moroccan and Timbuktu. 52-days of walking to cross; 2,000 kilometers of desert following the water points of the oases. We propose to our guests a 6-Days desert tour including camel trekking in Morocco.
Here are The best 6 Days Morocco Camel Trekking Highlights
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery between Mhamid and Mhamid.
- Cross the famous Draa Valley for its date palm oases and Kasbah.
- Drive the Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou.
- An ideal trek for the discovery of desert life in all its aspects.
- Explore the real desert and discover the beautiful life of the nomads.
- Discovery of the culture and life of the nomads of southern Morocco.
- Ride camels and hike to experience the desert dunes.
- Experience the magic of the nights under the tent in the desert.
- Discover the palm groves and architecture of towns and Kasbahs in the Draa Valley.
Included/Excluded - Best 6 Days Morocco Camel Trekking
- Transport From and to Marrakech
- All meals during the trek
- Ready tents during hiking
- The services of a cook
- The services of a guide
- Dromedaries for carrying luggage
- Team camels
- Lunches during the transfer from and to Marrakech
Tour Plan : Best 6 Days Morocco Camel Trekking
Day 1 : Marrakech - Ouarzazate - Mhamid
After breakfast at your hotel in Marrakech, drive to Ouarzazate via the Tizi N’Tichka to 2260m. During the travel, we will enjoy the panoramic view of the High Atlas Mountains and we continue the Col Ait Saoune to arrive in the famous Draa Valley, before joining the small town of Mhamid; Here where we the camp install in the dunes of Ras N’khal. Road 7 hours and 1-hour walk for the first day.
Day 2 : Mhamid - Sidi Naji
We will head south and cross the Oued Draa and the palm grove of Ras Nkhal to reach a desert plateau. Later we admire the panorama before arriving in Sidi Naji, an old village in ruins, where we will take a picnic prepared by our cook. Another hour’s walk in the afternoon to reach the beautiful dunes with the same name. Overnight in tents 5 hours of walking. Easy level camel trekking in Morocco Sahara desert.
Day 3 : Sidi Naji - Erg Zzahar Dunes
We will leave the bivouac of Sidi Naji direction of the largest dunes of the Draa Valley. Magnificent landscapes! At the end of the afternoon, we will climb the dune of Zahar for an unforgettable sunset. 5 hours of walking. Easy level.
Day 4 : ErgZzahar Dunes - Lhdaibat
After breakfast, we will head northeast for a route marked by very desert landscapes with many Tamaris trees. Overnight in tents in the large Ait Ou-Nir dunes. The 5 hours walk. Is it an Easy level camel trek in the Morocco Sahara desert?
Day 5 : Lhdaibat - Ras Nkhal
Once finish breakfast, we will head east across the dunes of Erg Ait Ounir and the trees of Tamaris. Sumptuous dessert landscapes await us during this stage. We will stop for lunch just before arriving at the pass, under the beautiful palm trees of Ras N’khal. 5 hours walk. Easy level.
Day 6 : Ras Nkhal - Mhamid - Marrakech
In this last hour of our 6 Days Morocco Camel Trekking, after breakfast, we will take our vehicle to return to Marrakech via Tagnit Zagora Agdez pass Tichka. 7 hours of driving and about 1 hour of walking.